When I first thought of taking a sabbatical from teaching theatre at Franciscan University of Steubenville, it seemed like a great idea! Taking a semester to really focus on a project, travel, research, sitting on benches pondering my existence. Sounds pretty good right? Consequently the national tour of my one man stage play, "An Evening with GK Chesterton" was born Flash forward 6 months, and suddenly there are emails, phone calls, booking logistics, planes, trains, conversion vans, dates, etc. Before long I was writing on the wall, which turned into a map with routes, dates, and many squiggly lines. I was literally a traveling actor, with a one-man show in a suitcase! Early on in the tour you discover that some dressing rooms back stage are extremely glamorous and some are storage rooms! But either is fine with me, I can get nervous in a closet! I can pray in one too. I discovered this when at one of my shows, I was asked to hide in an actual close...
Comments
Post a Comment